Reef World | Whitsunday's Great Barrier Reef Tour
Visit the Reef World pontoon from Airlie Beach. Reef World offers a full day tour to the Great Barrier Reef including lunch, snorkeling and a semi-submarine tour.
The Reefworld vessel departs daily from Airlie Beach, Hamilton Island & Daydream Island. Spend a full day exploring the Great Barrier Reef, enjoy swimming and snorkeling amid colorful corals & spot marine life from the underwater observatory.
The scenic 2 hour cruise through the Whitsunday Islands
- Scenic Cruise through the Whitsunday Islands
- 4 hours on the Outer Barrier Reef
- All Snorkeling gear and instruction
- Morning tea, Buffet lunch and afternoon tea
- Semi-submarine & underwater observatory
- Departs from Airlie Beach and Hamilton Island
Departure times & locations
- Airlie Beach | Departs 08:00 AM | Returns 6:10 PM
- Hamilton Island | Departs 09:00 AM | Returns 05:00 PM
- Daydream Island | Departs 07:50 AM | Returns 6:10 PM
Please note: RETURN times are when the vessel arrives back at the mainland/island resort. COACH TRANSFERS to Port of Airlie are available at an additional cost. Schedule changes may occur.
Your day at a glance
- Make your own way to the port at either Airlie Beach or Hamilton Island. Traveling aboard a high-speed catamaran, set sail across the Coral Sea and enjoy dramatic views of the Whitsunday Islands and the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Great Barrier Reef along the way.
- Arrive at the Reefworld pontoon, anchored along the Hardy Reef, where you’ll have four hours to spend at your leisure.
- Dive in to swim and snorkel, cruise around the coral gardens on a semi-submersible submarine, or spot tropical fish and marine life from the underwater observatory. Morning and afternoon tea, and a delicious buffet lunch, are also included.
- For an even more memorable experience, sign up for one of the many optional activities, such as a guided snorkeling or scuba diving excursion, a thrilling helicopter flight over the reef, or even a relaxing massage.
- After a day discovering the reef, cruise back to Airlie Beach or Hamilton Island, where your tour ends.
Travelling with children
Children between the ages of 2-14 years will be applicable for child rates. Infants 0-3 years travel free of charge. Guests must be able to show valid ID at check in to support their ticket type (i.e Senior or Child ticket).
We offer special rates for familes. Please check the booking for form for up to date family pricing.
Things To Bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen
- Light jacket or sweater for a cool or windy day
- Cash/credit card for optional activities (guided snorkelling safaris, scuba diving, heli-scenic flights)
- All diving activities permit adults aged 16 years and over.
- Nearest airports: Fly into Proserpine airport also known as Whitsunday Coast Airport (40 miles from Airlie Beach) or fly into Hamilton Island Airport.
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Great Barrier Reef Day Cruise to Reefworld. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
Snorkelling is the easiest way to view coral reefs. Snorkelling and scuba diving are completely different activities though and one of the great things about snorkelling is that we can talk to you while we snorkel. Our snorkel tours are ideal for both first-time snorkellers – and experienced snorkellers who want to learn more about what they’re looking at out on the reef.
There is no better place to experience the magic of your first scuba dive than at the outer Great Barrier Reef. Our fully certified PADI/SSI instructors will step you through all the training and escort you on your first amazing adventure. The minimum age is 12 years old for this activity.
Experienced divers can enjoy spectacular dives at specially selected sites with a variety of coral formations that are teeming with marine life. All dives are escorted by our experienced crew, ensuring an unforgettable experience.
A wonderful day, the staff at Cruise Whitsunday are outstanding, there are always plenty of staff members and they are all friendly and eager to help. They offer every which way to experience the reef, maybe even perhaps too much as you feel you need to rush to fit everything in.
Airlie Beach | Departs 08:00 AM | Returns 6:10 PM
Hamilton Island | Departs 09:00 AM | Returns 05:00 PM
Daydream Island | Departs 07:50 AM | Returns 6:10 PM